What we mean by local search optimization?
It may be refers to the technical activates regarding optimization of any website for search engines in a small geographical area like a city or state.
Classification of Local Searches
- Keyword Based: If the search does not include any city name it will ranked based on tradition organic factors along with some local results too.
- Location and Keyword Based: Literally if the keyword includes name of any city then Google will shows true local websites and listing of results.
- Search Based on Mobile Devices: From the previous reports of visitors it is found that most of the time the search for same keyword shows completely different results on desktop and mobile browsers. Marketers are getting frustrated with such result of mobile search listing since they shows result regardless of geographical location.
Factors to be considered during local Search optimization
- Optimization of Pages
This is the old and classic strategy which is working still now. The content of your pages should be focused on mentioning the local keywords and domain name of your website needs to include such things. Different information like local address name and phone number should be integrated in headers and footer area of home pages. Don’t forget to mention actual local area code consequently it will influence search engines to shows local search result.
- External Links from other local websites
If the target website has larger quantity of external links from local websites then search engines like to get the target site in local search results.
- Google My Business & Google+
Your business profile in Google My Business and Google+ should be properly categorized with suitable keywords for describing business attribute. This social media integration acts as factors of influencer for the search engines to entitle where to make the search.
- Redirection from external directory site
Inclusion of your name addresses and phone number to the directory of other local website is considered as a vital fact. It will serve a great advantage for you if your business phone and address are found in websites like Manta, Foursquare, Merchant Circle, TripAdvisor, and Internet Yellow Pages.
- Mobile user and behavioral Activities
Some factors like click through rates, check-ins and user calls to a business are considered as crucial factor.
- Filtration of Search
This term includes customization of search based on relevant requirement and focused to small geography.
- Quantity of Review you got
The diversity of online review and ranking has great influence on search engines for local search result optimizations.
- Influence of social media:
Additional advantages will be available from the followers of twitters, like of your site from Facebook and authority form Google+.
- Suggestion of Google for Local Search
Google uses the distance, relevance and prominence of your physical location in Google map and shows best result from it.
If visitors do not type any keyword to specify any location, Google will do it of its own and will show result after calculating distance from its collected information about location.
Is may be defined as the best matches of result from the listing of any search. So it is evident that if you add details about your business location it will help Google to make best match for your search.
Form the given information on your site like links, articles and directories Google guess the perfect palace which could prominent in geography.
Some silly mistakes of yours that confuses the Search engine while ranking
All of your local search optimization efforts will end in smoke if you fail to fix the under mentioned mistakes:
- If your physical location is somewhat different than your web information shows
- If there are any duplicate result in local search directories
- Irrelevant name, address, or phone number in online directories
- Improper categorization by local directories
- If your address is not verified in local directories
Suitable ways for Improving Your Local Search Results
Basically getting listed in local search does not always need to mention your physical location throughout the entire content. These techniques are quite wrong and outdated. Here I have included some new completely modern steps which have been recently discovered to work well with SEO.
- To help Google to combine your individual content with a specific location you need to integrate physical address of your business in the header or footer of your website.
- Don’t forget to add entire local your area code in the website
- Create an account and maintain a profile in Google My Business or Google+ page to get ranked easily
- Create pages and events on Facebook and other social media these are good for local SEO
- Make sure that your clients leaves comments, reviews and likes on Facebook and Google+
- Add a clear and relevant address information
- Keywords for location should be kept in descriptions of your products and business
- Use Moz Local for checking existing listing of your site
- Take help of Yext’s PowerListings or GoDaddy’s Get Found to add your business to local directories
You can either take help of SEO expert professionals for doing all of these for your site or on the contrary you can learn SEO and utilize your skill periodically to improve the states of your site in raking. We have large storage of SEO themes in WPmania.net with exclusive SEO features which you can use for creating your website to get improved Local Search Optimization.